FireEye Combines Virtual Machine Technology, Big Data Analysis, and 24x7 Service and Support To Counter Cyber Attacks at All Times in All Places.
Milpitas, CA - Sep 4, 2013 – FireEye, Inc., the leader in stopping today's advanced cyber attacks, announced Oculus, the industry’s first global, real time, continuous protection platform. The company has combined people, products, and intelligence to deliver what it believes is the world’s strongest defense system to counter today’s targeted cyber attacks.
“Today’s attack landscape knows no boundaries or time zones. Customers need protection around the clock and around the world,” said FireEye CEO David DeWalt. “With Oculus, FireEye has reimagined security to help organizations combat and defeat the menace of cybercrime and espionage. Oculus gives organizations—large and small—a global, real time, continuous protection platform to help protect brand, intellectual property, and data. With Oculus, FireEye brings together what customers have been demanding—a unique combination of virtual machine technology, big data analysis, and 24x7 worldwide support and service infrastructure.”
Oculus is comprised of three components:
- Threat Prevention Platform—The FireEye Threat Prevention Platform addresses today’s advanced cyber attacks. The platform features the patented Multi-Vector Virtual Execution™ (MVX) engine that conducts signature-less analysis atop a patented, virtualization technology purpose-built for security. The MVX engine is designed to provide scalable, accurate, and timely protection across the primary threat vectors—Web, email, and files. In addition, to counter the growing menace of malicious mobile applications, FireEye plans to augment its MVX technology by releasing a new SaaS-based platform named FireEye Mobile Threat Prevention early next year.
- Dynamic Threat Intelligence™ (DTI)—FireEye’s global deployments provide the company with rich threat intelligence. On an hourly basis, FireEye customers benefit from updated threat intelligence on worldwide cybercrime networks and nation-state actors. DTI leverages:
- Big Data analysis: By aggregating and analyzing large volumes of attack data in near real time, FireEye can recognize global attack patterns and pinpoint possible and actual targets, thereby providing customers much needed foresight.
- APT Discovery Center: The APT Discovery Center catalogs and analyzes current and past APT campaigns. It characterizes APT attacks by technical footprint, vertical industry, geography, and target to help security teams, law enforcement, and governments improve defenses.
- Support and Services: Today’s attacks are global in nature. FireEye protects its global customers via 24x7 worldwide support in all major regions around the world. Organizations are also realizing that security talent is in short supply globally. To address this challenge and to leverage FireEye’s unique insight into today’s advanced threats, FireEye is introducing Continuous Protection Service. This service allows FireEye customers to leverage FireEye’s expertise in addressing today’s cyber threats and gain insight into their security posture relative to their industry vertical, allowing them to conduct a continuous risk assessment of their organization.